We hope you enjoy our fun tree facts below which is geared to your children. They can learn how long a tree can live along with how tall they grow, gain their nutrients and of course, what a tree is made of. (by the way, tree is made of wood)
- Trees can live thousands and thousands of years.
- Trees produce Oxygen which reduces the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
- Plants that are too short to be considered a tree are called shrubs.
- Trees have been know to grow to over 300 feet.
- Trees are made of wood.
- The roots of a tree usually grow underground, which helps keep it stable and allows it to drink from the rain water.
- Water and nutrients travel up the tree trunk, through the branches and to the leaves.
- The trunk of a tree is protected by an outside layer of bark.
- An age of the tree can be determined by the growth rings in the wood.