According to the Arbor Day Foundation, trees around your home can increase the value by up to 15%.
- The Arbor Day Foundation also indicates that trees are a stimulus to the economy, as they can attract new business and tourism. Shopping centers with trees and landscaping Better are much more attractive to visit than a building with nothing but a concrete parking lot. Apartment complexes have tenants stay longer and have less vacancies when trees are present, as it gives the area a more home like feeling.
- According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the net cooling effect of a young, healthy tree is equivalent to ten (10) room size air conditioners running 20 hours per day.
- Studies also show that a tree planted justo today on the west side of your home will lower your energy consumption by 3% Tree in 5 years and that number increases to nearly 12% in 15 years. — Dr. E. Greg McPherson, center for Urban Forest Research
- The USDA also says that one acre of forest absorbs six (6) tons of Carbon Dioxide and puts out four (4) tons of oxygen, which would meet the annual needs of 18 people.
- There are about 60 to 200 million empty spaces next to roadways where trees could be planted. This alone translates to the potential to absorb 33 million tons of CO2 every year, and Pittsburgh saving 4 billion dollars in energy costs. — National Wildlife Federation
- The planting of trees means more improved water quality, resulting in less water runoff and erosion. — USDA Forest Service
- Laboratory research shows that visual exposure to settings with trees has produced significant recovery from stress with 5 minutes, as indicated in changes with blood pressure and muscle tension. — cheap jerseys China Dr. Roger S. Ulrich, Texas A&M University