According to the Arbor Day Foundation, trees around your home can increase the value by up to 15%.
- The Arbor Day Foundation also indicates that trees are a stimulus to the economy, as they can attract new business and tourism. Shopping centers with trees and landscaping Better are much more attractive to visit than a building with nothing but a concrete parking lot. Apartment complexes have tenants stay longer and have less vacancies when trees are present, as it gives the area a more home like feeling.
- According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the net cooling effect of a young, healthy tree is equivalent to ten (10) room size air conditioners running 20 hours per day.
- Studies also show that a tree planted justo today on the west side of your home will lower your energy consumption by 3% Tree in 5 years and that number increases to nearly 12% in 15 years. — Dr. E. Greg McPherson, center for Urban Forest Research
- The USDA also says that one acre of forest absorbs six (6) tons of Carbon Dioxide and puts out four (4) tons of oxygen, which would meet the annual needs of 18 people.
- There are about 60 to 200 million empty spaces next to roadways where trees could be planted. This alone translates to the potential to absorb 33 million tons of CO2 every year, and Pittsburgh saving 4 billion dollars in energy costs. — National Wildlife Federation
- The planting of trees means more improved water quality, resulting in less water runoff and erosion. — USDA Forest Service
- Laboratory research shows that visual exposure to settings with trees has produced significant recovery from stress with 5 minutes, as indicated in changes with blood pressure and muscle tension. — cheap jerseys China Dr. Roger S. Ulrich, Texas A&M University
8 thoughts on “Why Plant a Tree”
This is mind blowing! I’ve always known that trees are important for oxygen and all but never once I thought about these various benefits of trees. Come to think of it, I do prefer areas and masks where there are more trees- it just gives more refreshing vibe than areas without any trees in it.
Yeah, many people don’t realize the importance of trees to our environment. We are in the tree removal/trimming business, but only like to see a tree removed if its diseased. Most people think that a tree is only good for shade and appearance, but as we now know, trees are vital parts of our lives. Thanks for stopping by our site.
I love trees and I love nature. I live in a city, but thankfully I have some trees and plants around my house.
I believe that having trees around your house while living in a city might reduce the city noise. The benefits are countless.
Thank you for the nice article.
Thanks for visiting our site. Trees are so important to our communities and it seems like pavement is taking over in bigger cities. I’m happy to hear you do have some trees and nature around your home even though you live in a city. That’s becoming more uncommon these days. Thanks again for stopping by.
Thank you for this! Southern California is in a serious drought. We’ve not had much rain in 5 years. Many of the oak trees (hundreds of years old) are falling over. We are on water restrictions. Two years ago we had to make the decision to either let our trees die, or transport leftover bath and shower water to keep them alive. They’re still suffering, but we’re doing everything we can. Thanks for being awareness to how important trees are!
Jackie, thanks for the input. Southern California is definitely having drought issues and I hope that gets turned around for you. Here in the central Indiana, droughts are not a current concern, but we have gone through some dry periods. I wish you the best and thanks again for visiting Terre Haute Tree Removal.
These are some important numbers. Planting trees could actually save our planet from global warming and help extend the life of our planet. I can totally relate to the point you made about saving energy should a tree be planted near the house. The tree could provide shade and cooler air in the areas where it is very hot. That way, the residents dont need to use air conditioning.
Thanks Reyhana for stopping by and visiting our site. You are correct in saying that trees have a big effect on slowing down global warming. Saving energy and aesthetics are other important factors. We make our living on removing trees but if we can save them, then that’s what we would prefer to do. Thanks again